- What Age do you feel inside? I believe our chronological age is just a number. I’m 53 and am always amazed by that number as I feel (and sometimes . . . no, probably always) act at least half that age. I’m forever 25.
- What's your Blind spot? Living in my head.
- What TV Character do you wish was real? Hank Moody.
- What’s the most Daring thing you’ve ever done? These days I would have to say putting myself out there in the dating world. Scary shit but I’m doing it.
- What’s been the most Extraordinary experience of your life? Being with my father when he passed away. I feel truly blessed to have been able to share that journey with him.
- What’s the most Fun you’ve ever had? My life is one big epic fun-filled experience. But, if I have to pick one, it’s being in the pit at a Springsteen show, sharing that communal joy in our special church.
- What was your most painful Goodbye? It would have to be losing my parents.
- What Historical event do you wish you’d been alive to witness? Either Woodstock or any Springsteen show during 1978.
- Where do you draw Inspiration from? My amazing friends, music, spiritual and mindfulness gurus, and my sister.
- What did your first Job teach you? There can be honour in the monotonous.
- Who do you wish you Kissed but didn’t? There are some kisses I’d like to take back but no one I feel I missed out on. I’d just like to say that I’m looking forward to kissing the person to whom I am going to spend the rest of my life.
- What Lyrics sum up your life right now? Lyric: “I can't be right for
If I'm not right for me. I gotta be free, I've gotta be free. Daring to try, to do it or die. I've gotta be me”
- What Memory do you turn to in dark times? Any memory at my cottage on Paugh Lake. It’s my happy place.
- What’s the Nicest thing you’ve ever done for someone? I try to be happy and positive and hug my friends when I can.
- What lost Opportunity do you wish you could go back and pursue? I believe we all end up where we’re supposed to be . . . maybe we take a squirrelly path to that destination but we end up there eventually.
- What do you believe your life Purpose is? To create: music, words, joy, conversations.
- What’s a Question you’re always asked? Who’s older: you or your sister?
- What’s the biggest Realization you’ve had over the past year? Being my authentic self 100 percent of the time is the true path to happiness.
- Do you have any Secrets? I’m pretty much an open book … what do you want to know?
- What’s your main Talent? I’ve been told that I’m a rainmaker in that I make things happen. Is that a talent? Who knows!
- Have you ever felt Unworthy? Probably in my younger years, but who hasn’t experienced moments of not feeling good enough? However, I now know that I am very worthy indeed.
- What are your core Values? Kindness, authenticity, creativity, gratitude, action and honesty.
- What do you Want right now that you can’t have? Clarity.
- If your brain was X-rayed, what would we find weighing on your mind? How to ensure I spend every day doing what I am passionate about.
- When you were Younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? A writer or a musician. See, squirrelly path but we eventually get there!
- What fills you with Zeal? Love, music, spending time at my cottage, hanging with my friends and like-minded individuals.
Welcome to my foray into the blogging world. I don't promise to be your source for political and social commentary, but I will always endeavour to be entertaining, charming and witty (and by witty, you may also want to read that as sarcastic . . . I sometimes mix the two up).
You will see a mix of poems and/or song lyrics, my skewed little musings on life, the odd rant or two, and hopefully I can pass along some inspirational pieces – either from my own personal experiences or from those who inspire me.
I will try not to work Bruce Springsteen into everything I write, though it will be difficult as he does impact a large part of my waking world as well as a good portion of my dream world.
Enjoy. Be kind. Come back often and visit.