Welcome

Welcome to my foray into the blogging world. I don't promise to be your source for political and social commentary, but I will always endeavour to be entertaining, charming and witty (and by witty, you may also want to read that as sarcastic . . . I sometimes mix the two up).

You will see a mix of poems and/or song lyrics, my skewed little musings on life, the odd rant or two, and hopefully I can pass along some inspirational pieces – either from my own personal experiences or from those who inspire me.

I will try not to work Bruce Springsteen into everything I write, though it will be difficult as he does impact a large part of my waking world as well as a good portion of my dream world.

Enjoy. Be kind. Come back often and visit.

Tuesday 12 January 2016

365 Questions – Week Two

I'm loving all the answers everyone is posting on our 365 Questions Facebook page. They're funny, insightful and inspiring.

Here are my answers for Week Two.

10. If you were chosen for the Amazing Race, who would you pick as your partner and why?
I think I would choose my friend Pat Stupka as my partner. I think one of the most important qualities in an Amazing Race partner would be the ability to get along with that person for an extended period and Pat is completely Zen to be with. We were roommates for several years and got along swimmingly. She's very calm and I think you also need that quality in any competition. She's very smart and logical and would be a great competitor. My nickname for her is Map so I also know she would make an excellent navigator. I would bring my competitive nature and sense of humour to the team.

11. What three things do you know to be true?
  • Surrounding yourself with a few good friends makes all the difference in the world
  • You can't change the past, you can only accept and embrace it
  • I will meet Bruce Springsteen one day
12. What makes you laugh?
I'm a big fan of acerbic and witty humour and comedy that makes you think. I love shows like Californication, Arrested Development, Brooklyn 99 and The Mindy Project. I also appreciate a dark sense of humour too . . . not sure what that says about me :) My friends make me laugh. My sister makes me laugh, and the Canadian sense of humour cracks me up every time.

13. What song evokes the strongest memories for you?
This changes on a regular basis, but I would have to say that Bruce Springsteen's "I'll Work For Your Love" is still number one. The opening line in the song is, pour me a drink Theresa and the song has a lot of religious overtones. Teresa (spelled a different way) was my mother's name and she passed away shortly after the album Magic came out. Every time I hear that song I think of my mom and am totally convinced Bruce wrote it with her in mind. I remember coming to that realization when my sister and I were driving up to prepare the funeral arrangements. 

14. When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up and why?

When I was very young I wanted to be a writer. I was (and still am) an avid reader and kept a regular diary. I also wrote several short stories. When I entered high school, I changed course and my dream was to be a musician – probably more in the jazz vein. I loved playing and composing songs on piano back then and played in several high school bands. In grade 13, I didn't think I had enough theory background to go into music, so I chose a career in a different part of the arts (graphic design) instead. It has served me well over the past 30 years and I still get to dabble in music and writing as well which is a huge bonus.

15. What do you think the secret to living well is?

I think the secret to living well is to be kind. Kind to yourself which means looking after yourself mentally, emotionally and physically. And, more importantly you should be kind to others. I firmly believe you reap what you sow.

16. If you were a flavour, what flavour would you be and why?

I think I would have to be chocolate because it's tasty, fun, and a little bit sexy ... Just like me :) And if it's dark chocolate, it's good for you. Again, just like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment