Welcome

Welcome to my foray into the blogging world. I don't promise to be your source for political and social commentary, but I will always endeavour to be entertaining, charming and witty (and by witty, you may also want to read that as sarcastic . . . I sometimes mix the two up).

You will see a mix of poems and/or song lyrics, my skewed little musings on life, the odd rant or two, and hopefully I can pass along some inspirational pieces – either from my own personal experiences or from those who inspire me.

I will try not to work Bruce Springsteen into everything I write, though it will be difficult as he does impact a large part of my waking world as well as a good portion of my dream world.

Enjoy. Be kind. Come back often and visit.

Sunday 15 May 2016

365 Questions: Can you keep a secret?



WEEK19
129.        What limiting beliefs about the world are you holding on to?
Hmmmm.  I just wonder if we’ll be able to get it together in time to save the environment. By some accounts, it’s already too late but I like to think we can turn things around, or at the very least halt the process.

130.        How would you describe your childhood?
For the most part it was pretty idyllic. I grew up during a great time when kids could leave home in the morning and stay out unsupervised until dinner. We had great adventures. I was also blessed with a stay-at-home mother and a father with a good job. As my sister likes to say, we grew up in a one horse town and our family owned the horse, so we didn’t want for much. That being said, it wasn’t perfect. I loved my mother but she was a woman of very extreme emotions and the flavour of our days was pretty much dictated by her mood. I kept a diary for several years and many of my entries start with, “Mom is in a good/bad mood today.” But, the diaries also reference a lot of fun with good friends.

131.        What were you like as a teenager?
Again, if we reference the diaries, I’m sure I come across as a typical teenage girl: obsessed with losing 10 pounds, getting great marks and finding a way to get that certain boy to notice me. I was fairly quiet, and a band geek. Insecure but I liked to get involved. Basically, the social introvert I am today. 

132.        If you could send a three-sentence email to the entire world, what would it say?
Let’s all promise to treat people the way we’d like to be treated. And this includes the earth. There is enough for all of us.

133.        What, if anything, would you change about your life if you knew you were never going to die?
I would continue to eat better and exercise more so I could continue to enjoy life to the fullest.

134.        If you could start this life over, what would you do differently?
I don’t think I would make many changes but I would definitely start saving money earlier and adopt a healthy lifestyle at an earlier age. I would practise guitar and piano more often and learn musical theory.

135.        What moves you?
I’m a pretty sensitive soul and can be moved by hearing a beautiful piece of music or someone talk about the person they love. Any baring of the soul affects me. I cry during commercials, movies, songs, books, poetry readings . . .

WEEK 20

136.        If you could go back to school and study one subject, what would it be?
While I do love music, I think it would be cool to be able to speak another language so I’d probably take French.

137.        Have you forgiven yourself for past mistakes?
Yes. I’ve learned that there really aren’t any mistakes . . . just data. Everything is a lesson and every experience has created the person I am today. And, I’m pretty wonderful.

138.        What would you do if you won the lottery?
I would retire and I would also spoil my friends. I would likely start some kind of foundation or charity – probably geared to youth or seniors. If I won the lottery today, I would go to Europe and go to as many Springsteen shows as possible (bucket list item to see him in Europe).

139.        What is true strength?
Being authentic and doing what you say you're going to do.

140.        Are you good at keeping secrets?
Generally, I’m pretty good. I wouldn’t say I’m perfect but I keep the big ones.

141.        Do you think routine is important?
I’m a creature of habit and routine but I know it’s not for everyone. For me routine helps me be more productive and achieve my goals.

142.        Which fictional character do you wish was real?
There are so many. It would be cool if there really was a super hero like Iron Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment